Tuesday, June 18, 2019

WSOP Update


George and I both entered the same tournament (#39, Super Seniors). Although there are hundreds of tables spread across multiple rooms, we started at tables that were right next to each other.

I was moved to another table a couple hours into the tournament and later George was moved to another room.

After the dinner break (6 hours in), I was moved to another room and once again was seated at a table right next to George's.

What are the odds?

We both had around $40k late into the night. A lady to my right went all-in for $22k with A-9 and I called her with A-K. I was a big favorite, but the A-4-9 flop did me in and dropped my stack to $18k.

About 30 minutes later during the final level of the night, I pushed with A-Q and was called by the biggest stack at the table. He turned over 9-9. I lost the flip and was eliminated.

I haven't talked with George about any significant hands he played, but he did survive to play on Day 2, which is a huge accomplishment!

He has $49k chips and is currently in 466th place (just a few below actor James Woods). There are around 850 players left, but a lot of them are extremely short-stacked and should go out in short order. The tournament pays 398 players, with the minimum cash being $1500. First place is $360k.

Go George...and good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment